CHILD EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
According to a report by Premium Times in 2015, Nigeria has 13.2 million out-of-school children leading us to have the highest number in the world.
69% of out-of-school children are from the Northern area of Nigeria and gender plays a great role as females are less likely to miss school or get an education much later in life.
Forty per cent of Nigerian children aged 6-11 do not attend any primary school in the Northern region recording the lowest school attendance rate in the country, particularly for girls. Despite a significant increase in net enrollment rates in recent years, it is estimated that about 4.7 million children of primary school age are still not in school.
If these kids are not in school, where are they?
We find them on the streets, hawking, begging or assisting their parents to obtain a means of livelihood and doing the unbelievable.
This figure is quite alarming and we recognize it as a growing menace in our society today.
Our Peculiar Solution
PROJECT 27 was launched on May 27 2018, which happens to be Nigeria’s national children day hence the name 27. It is the first Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project launched by the company.
One of the four core principles from the Convention on the Rights of a Child is the Survival and Development Rights which include right to adequate food, shelter, clean water, FORMAL EDUCATION, primary health care, leisure and recreation, cultural activities and information about their rights.
“Children of today are the leaders of tomorrow and education is a very important weapon to prepare children for their future roles as leaders of the community.”-Nelson Mandela (February 1990)
Project 27 Objectives (January 2019-May 2019)
- To periodically sponsor disadvantaged and less privileged kids to school, with the share of 60% to the female child and 40% to the male child.
- To search for suitable pre-primary, primary and secondary schools.
- Provide necessary materials such as books, uniforms and other educational and welfare materials needed by children for an enjoyable stay in school.
- To follow up on the welfare of children sent back to school through this scheme.
Project 27 Goals
- Provide proper awareness on Child Education and its importance in underprivileged areas in Nigeria
- Cause a significant decrease in the number of out of school kids in Nigeria.
- Reduce the rate of illiteracy in Nigeria particularly in the Northern area.
- Increase the rate of investment in Children Education.
- To ameliorate Nigeria’s image on the issue of Child Education.
Hitherto, Project 27 has been able to sponsor a child to school but the goal is to do more and activities and events have been put in place to make this happen.
Our fundraising and welfare strategies include but not limited to;
- Donations from sponsors and organizations.
- Partnership with Children-growth related organizations and educational Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s).
- Partnership with schools.
- Public awareness through various media platforms and crowdfunding.
SEQUENCE OF ACTIVITIES FOR 2019
CHILD EDUCATION AWARENESS MAY 27TH 2019
The foundation for this is properly to educate parents on what the gain they stand to get upon educating their kids, and entice kids on what school stands to offer them, this would be carried out in dead zones, zones where education play no role, the result upon this awareness is to get kids from these dead zones back to school immediately.
FUNDRAISING JULY 27TH 2019
This activity targets Investors, Sponsors, Youth and the Public as a whole, in this activity a music concert featuring our affiliated celebrities, art exhibit and auction featuring our art affiliated directors and then food featuring top chefs in Nigeria, the goal of this activity is to raise funds.
Sponsorship / Partnership
For Sponsorship and Partnership, please kindly contact us via these Channels
Mail – Project27@acemedia.com.ng
Telephone – 2348161260068, 2348138866079